Everyone has a unique way of expressing love to one another. Like most things I know today, the big bad world of the internet also introduced me to Dr Gary Chapman's The 5 Love Languages. Words of praise, quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service, and physical contact are the five love languages or means of communicating and receiving love. Not everyone expresses love in the same manner, and not everyone prefers to accept love in the same way.
We all love our moms, but it's easy to forget to tell her how much. It doesn't have to be complicated or costly to show your mother how much you appreciate her.
We all love our moms, but it's easy to forget to tell her how much. It doesn't have to be complicated or costly to show your mother how much you appreciate her. Consider taking a hint on how she reveals her love to others. Is she fond of cooking and entertaining guests? Or she always gives the perfect gift? Are her hugs always warm and heartfelt? Her love language—whether in terms of affirmation, quality time, acts of service, gift sharing, or physical touch—can be found throughout these daily cues.
- Words of Affirmation: If like mine your moms your greatest cheerleader too then she is most likely to feel cherished as she earns inspiring and affirming thoughts. Say it when she does something for you. Moms do so much for us. When she helps you, make sure you show your appreciation by saying so. Do more than just say, "Thank you"—be specific. Sing it. If you have musical talent, you could write a song for her and sing it. Live is good, but don't sell a recording short—she can keep and listen to it over again. Say, "I love you, Mom!" Tell her how much you appreciated her suggestions. Moms are full of suggestions. Be sure to let her know when it helps you. You will also inform her about previous counselling that has been beneficial to you. She'll be delighted to hear it.
- Quality Time: If your mother's love language is quality time, it's more important to give her your undivided attention than to concentrate on where you are or what you're doing. Rather than doing something unfamiliar, it is better to pick an experience that you are both familiar with and enjoy. We recommend taking her out to dinner. Make a reservation for the two of you only. And make it memorable, whether it's a luxurious restaurant, a picnic with a stunning view, or a location associated with unique memories you both share. Treat her to a massage or a spa day. Who doesn't appreciate a day dedicated to indulgent relaxation? Take her someplace special to both of you. Go to a place that means something to both of you.
- Physical Touch: Nothing talks louder than a loving bear hug to a mother whose love language is physical touch.
- Presents: If your mother's love language is gift-giving, she probably thrives on the love, thoughtfulness, and effort behind the gift." Take your time to choose the perfect gift or gesture that will make her say, “You know me so well!” Make a card for her. Sure, you can buy a card and personalize it, but there's something unique about the one you make yourself. Make her some Bath Salts or get her the Alkimi Lavender Bath Soak, a thoughtfully crafted blend of therapeutic salts for her exhausted, tired feet and legs. Packed with therapeutic grade epsom salt & himalayan pink salt, it is meant to bring her the much deserved calm and moment of relief.
- Acts of Service: Your actions speak louder than words. If she has been more concerned about others than about herself, you will give her the best Mother's Day ever by anticipating and delivering anything she needs. Send a donation in her name to her favourite charity. This isn't addressed specifically to her nevertheless, she'll appreciate it all the same. Make her breakfast in bed. It's a much-loved classic. Mom's worth getting up a little early for, isn't she? Get Everyone home - When everyone becomes older and begins to pursue their own lives, it becomes more difficult to get everyone home at the same time. But nothing means more to a mother than to see her family together under one roof or on her dinner table to be more specific
Whatever you choose to give to this powerful and inspirational woman in your life, we hope our suggestions help you find the right Mother's Day gift to make her feel as cherished as she needs to be.
Leave a comment